By Daniela Schulze
- research of conceits within the poems "To His Coy Mistress" and "The Flea" in regards to virginity, sexuality and seduction in poetry of the seventeenth century.
- comparability of Donne's and Marvell's Poetry.
Read Online or Download John Donne – “The Flea” and Andrew Marvell – “To His Coy Mistress”: Metaphysical poetry: Virginity, sexuality and seduction in conceits PDF
Best literary criticism & theory books
Examines the speculation and perform of nonfiction narrative literature in twentieth-century Mexico. within the turbulent 20th century, huge numbers of Mexicans of all social periods confronted quandary and disaster on a likely non-stop foundation. Revolution, earthquakes, commercial mess ups, political and hard work unrest, in addition to indigenous insurgency put outstanding pressures on collective and person id.
Whereas ecu scholarship within the Classics has a protracted and demonstrated culture, little or no has been written at the historical past of classical scholarship in North the United States. through offering profiles of a few six hundred North American Classicists, this reference e-book provides a kick off point for outlining the background of Classical scholarship in Canada and the USA.
First released in 1990, this examine specializes in the subversive suggestions of British postmodernist fiction and examines its problem to Realist traditions, and the liberal humanist ideology in the back of it. Exploring the concept that of literary postmodernism, and the concepts and philosophies to which it has given upward push, Alison Lee investigates how they're constructed in a variety of up to date British novels, together with Midnight’s little ones, Waterland, Flaubert’s Parrot, and Lanark.
How are we to consider satire if it has ceased to exist as a discrete style? This learn proposes a singular answer, realizing the satiric within the postwar period as a suite of writing practices: figures of inversion, myth-making, and quotation. through exhibiting how writers and theorists alike set up those units in new contexts, this publication reexamines the hyperlink among German postwar writing and the historical past of satire, and among literature and conception.
- Chesterton: The Nightmare Goodness of God (The Making of the Christian Imagination)
- Dostoevsky 1821-1881: Volume 2 (Routledge Library Editions: Tolstoy and Dostoevsky)
- Reality and Illusion in Tennessee Williams’ “A Streetcar Named Desire": An Analysis of Frequent Symbols
- The Strong and the Weak in Japanese Literature: Discrimination, Egalitarianism, Nationalism (Routledge Advances in Asia-Pacific Studies)
Additional info for John Donne – “The Flea” and Andrew Marvell – “To His Coy Mistress”: Metaphysical poetry: Virginity, sexuality and seduction in conceits
John Donne – “The Flea” and Andrew Marvell – “To His Coy Mistress”: Metaphysical poetry: Virginity, sexuality and seduction in conceits by Daniela Schulze