By Stuart C Aitken,Gill Valentine
"The ebook covers many of the (traditionally) so much obtuse and difficult-to-grasp philosophical rules that experience inspired geographers/geography. the truth that those are provided in an inclusive and available demeanour is a key power. Many scholars have commented that the chapters they've got learn have inspired them to learn extra during this box, that's brilliant from a lecturer's perspective."
- Richard White, Sheffield Hallam University
A new version of the vintage ways textual content for college kids, organised in 3 sections, which overviews and explains the heritage and philosophy of Human Geographies in all its purposes by way of those that training it:
- Section One – Philosophies: Positivist Geography / Humanism / Feminist Geographies / Marxisms / Structuration idea / Human Animal / Realism / Postmodern Geographies/ Poststructuralist Theories / Actor-Network thought, / Postcolonialism / Geohumanities / applied sciences
- Section – People: associations and Cultures / locations and Contexts / stories and wishes / realizing position / own and Political / changing into a Geographer / stream and come upon / areas and Flows / areas as innovations
- Section 3 – Practices: Mapping and Geovisualization / Quantification, proof, and Positivism / Geographic details platforms / Humanism / Activism / Feminist Geographies / Poststructuralist Theories / Psychoanalysis / Environmental Inquiry / Contested Geographies and tradition Wars
Fully up-to-date all through and with 8 fresh chapters - this is often the middle textual content for modules on background, concept, and perform in Human Geography.
Read Online or Download Approaches to Human Geography: Philosophies, Theories, People and Practices PDF
Similar human geography books
Setting and Philosophy offers an obtainable advent to the novel demanding situations that environmentalism poses to thoughts that experience turn into virtually moment nature within the glossy global. those include:* the tips of technology and objectivity* the traditional placement of the man or woman in the surroundings* the individualism of convential sleek thoughtWritten in an obtainable means for these with out a heritage in philosophy, this article examines methods of considering ourselves, nature and our dating with nature.
The inherent mobility of visitors and consequent relative ephemerality of touch among the customer and the visited tourism phenomenon have particular features that problem the standard fieldwork practices of the social and actual sciences. Such stipulations create particular matters for the tourism researcher when it comes to their positionality, relationality, accessibility, ethics, reflexivity, and methodological appropriateness.
In the beginning of the twenty-first century, key public future health concerns and demanding situations have taken centre degree. they vary from arsenic in consuming water to bronchial asthma between young children and adults; from the re-emergence of cholera, to expanding melanoma charges and different persistent illnesses; from AIDS to malaria and hepatitis; from the crises confronted via displaced or refugee populations to the recent demanding situations that experience emerged for reproductive future health and rights.
The suggestion of Endangerment stands on the middle of a community of options, values and practices facing gadgets and beings thought of threatened via extinction, and with the techniques geared toward keeping them. often lively by way of a feeling of urgency and citizenship, deciding upon endangered entities consists of comparing an forthcoming probability and opens the way in which for maintenance options.
- Infrastrukturen der Stadt (German Edition)
- The Collective Imagination: The Creative Spirit of Free Societies
- The SAGE Handbook of New Urban Studies
- Timescapes of Modernity: The Environment and Invisible Hazards (Global Environmental Change (Hardcover))
- Apollo's Eye: A Cartographic Genealogy of the Earth in the Western Imagination
- Geopolitical Traditions: Critical Histories of a Century of Geopolitical Thought (Critical Geographies)
Additional resources for Approaches to Human Geography: Philosophies, Theories, People and Practices
Approaches to Human Geography: Philosophies, Theories, People and Practices by Stuart C Aitken,Gill Valentine