By Caroline F. Levander,Robert S. Levine
- Offers updated bills of significant new severe ways to American literary studies
- Presents state of the art essays on a whole diversity of subject matters critical to the field
- Essays discover serious and institutional genealogies of the sector, more and more diversified conceptions of yankee literary examine, and remarkable fabric adjustments reminiscent of the electronic revolution
- A detailed anthology within the box, and a necessary source for libraries, school, graduate scholars, and complicated undergraduates
Read or Download A Companion to American Literary Studies (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Examines the speculation and perform of nonfiction narrative literature in twentieth-century Mexico. within the turbulent 20th century, huge numbers of Mexicans of all social sessions confronted quandary and disaster on a doubtless non-stop foundation. Revolution, earthquakes, business mess ups, political and exertions unrest, in addition to indigenous insurgency positioned remarkable pressures on collective and person id.
Whereas eu scholarship within the Classics has a protracted and verified culture, little or no has been written at the heritage of classical scholarship in North the USA. through offering profiles of a few six hundred North American Classicists, this reference ebook provides a kick off point for outlining the background of Classical scholarship in Canada and the U.S..
First released in 1990, this learn specializes in the subversive suggestions of British postmodernist fiction and examines its problem to Realist traditions, and the liberal humanist ideology at the back of it. Exploring the idea that of literary postmodernism, and the suggestions and philosophies to which it has given upward thrust, Alison Lee investigates how they're built in a range of latest British novels, together with Midnight’s kids, Waterland, Flaubert’s Parrot, and Lanark.
How are we to consider satire if it has ceased to exist as a discrete style? This research proposes a unique answer, figuring out the satiric within the postwar period as a collection of writing practices: figures of inversion, myth-making, and quotation. via exhibiting how writers and theorists alike install those units in new contexts, this e-book reexamines the hyperlink among German postwar writing and the background of satire, and among literature and thought.
- The Lyrical Resonance Between Chinese Poets and Painters: The Tradition and Poetics of Tihuashi
- The Trickster Comes West: Pan-African Influence in Early Black Diasporan Narratives
- A Companion to Greek Literature (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
- The Creolization of Theory
- Markedness Theory (Sound and Meaning: The Roman Jakobson Series in Linguistics and Poetics)
- The African American Experience in Crime Fiction: A Critical Study
Extra resources for A Companion to American Literary Studies (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to American Literary Studies (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Caroline F. Levander,Robert S. Levine