By Joe Miller
* each one of those North Carolina hikes is the cream-of-the-crop
* Full-color topographical maps, elevation profiles, and over a hundred attractive path photographs
* Trails-at-a-Glance chart to aid locate the hikes you will have fast and easily
* contains details on North Carolina public lands acquisition and regulations
North Carolina is the suitable mountain climbing kingdom: dramatic mountain trails within the Southern Appalachians, plenty of rolling trails close to excessive inhabitants facilities within the Piedmont, various hikes that few humans learn about at the Coastal undeniable. the numerous climates of the country make for a wide range of mountain climbing possibilities, certain to offer a few favorites for everybody. no matter if you thrive off of an excessive heart-pounding climb with a sweeping vista as a gift or desire a smoother terrain packed with attention-grabbing historic tidbits, there's a vintage hike for you.
Read or Download 100 Classic Hikes in North Carolina PDF
Best hiking & camping books
The simplest in Tent camping out: Utah is a tent camper's dream. From over four hundred campgrounds statewide, the writer has culled the 50 top areas to pitch your tent and avoid these frantic and bustling campgrounds packed with RVs, concrete slabs, and loud moveable stereos. many of the campgrounds incorporated maintain the tent camper of their point: clear of the most important crowds and in these quieter, distinct campgrounds that merely the locals appear to find out about.
Swimming Holes of California covers the very best swimming holes within the country of California. The consultant presents images, distinctive instructions, Google Earth Maps, and GPS coordinates. the various swimming holes during this publication are usually not said wherever else! vital for all swimming gap lovers and hikers!
No longer partial to bland, uninteresting, and dead food after a troublesome day of backpacking? Neither are the Conners, that's why you can find their new moment variation packed packed with much more tasty favorites from the paths! thoroughly revised and up-to-date, this all-in-one nutrition consultant builds at the layout pioneered via the unique, supplying transparent and thorough at-home and on-trail coaching instructions, meals and serving details, and the load of every recipe, whereas adding a wealth of reference info and instructional fabric.
Wer hat noch nicht davon geträumt, durch den Dschungel zu streifen, mit dem Floß auf tropischen Flüssen zu treiben oder das Leben in einer einsamen Trapperhütte auszuprobieren? Aber die Wildnis liegt auch direkt vor der Haustür. Unmittelbar vor der Stadt, im Wald, im Dickicht und am Badesee warten die echten Abenteuer.
- Adventure with a Purpose: 12 Trail Tested Elements of Adventure
- Moon Rocky Mountain National Park (Travel Guide)
- Five-Star Trails: Adirondacks: Your Guide to 46 Spectacular Hikes
- The Wright Guide to Camping With the Corps of Engineers: The Complete Guide to Campgrounds Built and Operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (Wright Guides)
- Anza-Borrego Desert Region: A Guide to State Park and Adjacent Areas of the Western Colorado Desert
Additional resources for 100 Classic Hikes in North Carolina
100 Classic Hikes in North Carolina by Joe Miller